At COOL Pilates, created by Andy Adamson, we offer the very best in personalised exercise regimes. Our Pilates Studios, located in West Midlands City Centre and Barnt Green. are centres of Pilates excellence, staffed by highly trained tutors. We specialise in private or semi-private classes, with the option to join small, close supervised group exercise classes.
Cool Pilates Exercises offer:
- Postural re-education
- Backcare rehabilitation
- Body conditioning for elite sports men and women
- Safe exercise during pregnancy and postnatal recovery
- Reformer/Apparatus Group classes
- Mat classes
COOL Pilates is the creation of Andy Adamson, a successful freelance choreographer and dance researcher. Andy's interest in Pilates work developed in the 1980s as an integral part of his training in American Modern Dance. Following a knee operation in 1994 he began training in Pilates Matwork with Juliet Wynne. In 2002 Andy undertook the Foundation Training Programme for Teachers of Pilates (fulltime, one year), at the Oxford School of Pilates (with Jane Paterson) and at the Alan Herdman Studio. He has since studied rehabilitation in the Pilates environment with Tony Kosoto and Classical Pilates with Peter Fiasca, Kathi Ross-Nash, Michael Miller and Miranda Bass. Andy continues to search for deeper understanding of the Pilates System and most recently completed a mentorship with Mejo Wiggin in The Classical Syllabus.
The scope of Andy's experience and credentials is unparalleled.
- Former Director of Dance at the University of Birmingham West Midlands where, for over 20 years, he created original works of dance and theatre with student and young professional dancers.
- External Examiner to the University of East London BSc in Complementary Medicine (Pilates).
- Internal Verifier for Pilates Studies at Elmhurst School of Dance.
- Artistic Director of Red Pepper Dance Company
- Has worked with many systems of mind-body training including Alexander Technique, Tai Chi and Bartenieff Fundamentals.